Today I'll be

Friday, September 09, 2005

how poetry re-entered my life, and how its here to stay

Essentially I came upon e.e. cummings again..

love is a place
& through this place o
flove move
(with brightness of peace)
all places

yes is a world
& in this world of
yes live
(skilfully curled)
all worlds

-e.e. cummings No Thanks 58


and

pity this busy monster,manunkind,

not. Progress is a comfortable disease:
your victim(death and life safely beyond)

plays with the bigness of his littleness
--electrons deify one razorblade
into a mountainrange;lenses extend

unwish through curving wherewhen till unwish
returns on its unself.

A world of made
is not a world of born--pity poor flesh

and trees,poor stars and stones,but never this
fine specimen of hypermagical
ultraomnipotence. We doctors know

a hopeless case if--listen:there's a hell
of a good universe next door;let's go

-ee cummings 1 x 1 [One Times One] XIV

This I can read for hours...if I had those hours...

2 Comments:

Blogger gulnaz said...

i love cummings love poems, i think they are beautiful. i came across his poem, i love my body...some time back and he is just wonderful.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Mars said...

I actually came across cummings and shel silverstein at the same time,both of them have a wonderful casual writing style..

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home